Most mocks have Blaine Gabbert here but I don’t see it happening. Larry Fitz doesn’t want a rookie QB and the Cards have young QB’s on the roster. I expect them to go hard after Kolb or McNabb. Patrick Peterson is the best overall player in the draft and is similar to D. Revis when he came out of Pitt.
The Lions biggest need is CB and they want Prince but he’s gone and it’s too early for CB Jimmy Smith. Mocks now have Bowers falling to the 20’s, I don’t see it happening even with the questions about his knee. But Bowers on the same line with Suh and you’re in business. There will be a good CB available in round 2. Other option if they don’t like Bowers would be BC LT Anthony Castonzo.
I've had Mark Ingram slotted here all year. But teams are now apparently scared of Ingram's potentially arthritic knee. This could cause him to slip. Pouncey is not his brother and was just bad as a center last year at Florida but I think he can be a day one starter at Left Guard and the Fins need interior line help. The Dolfins don’t have a 2nd round pick so maybe they trade this pick to a team looking to move up for a QB or a DE that slides
Castonzo is the most pro ready OT and can play LT or RT. This will allow David Deihl to side over to LG and improve the entire O-Line. The Giants really need a LineBacker but this is too early for Akeem Ayers, LB, UCLA. There are rumors of Bama RB Mark Ingram or Florida G/C Mike Pouncey.
The Bucs got there 2 DT’s in last year’s draft with G. McCoy and Brian Price now they need a DE to get after the QB. Clayborn has top 5 talent but had a down year. He’s a steal at pick 20.
Pioli needs his Vince Wilfork and that’s Phil Taylor are true space eater. A foot problem has recently come up about Taylor if they go in another direction I expect it to be RT Gabe Carimi
RT and CB are the two big needs and with the left handed Vick they need a RT. Carimi plays with a mean streak and just beats up DE’s. He’s an Andy Reid type of player and you can just pencil him in at RT for the next 8 years and feel good about it. It’s Carimi or CB Jimmy Smith.
A penetrating DT to pair with former 1st round pick Sed Ellis to help the run Defense. He can get after the QB and is stout against the run. Great value here
Muhammad Wilkerson is a great fit for Seattle's defense. Brandon Mebane is a free agent, so Wilkerson could fill those shoes if Mebane defects for another team.
Baltimore needs corner help. Three of the team's top four cornerbacks - Chris Carr, Josh Wilson and Fabian Washington - are all free agents this offseason. Character concerns drop Smith a little but there is not a better organization for him to go to be a success. It should be noted that Brian Baldinger (NFL network) said on Path to the Draft, "I know for a fact that if Cameron Heyward's there at 26, the Ravens are not passing him up." A couple of days later, beat writer Jamison Hensley mocked Heyward to the Ravens. Heyward is still on the board here I just think Ozzie has to have Jimmy Smith rated higher. The Ravens also seem to be interested in Derek Sherrod, OT, Mississippi St.
Atlanta likes defensive ends who can drop into coverage and Reed is able to play OLB and has that athletic ability. The Falcons need someone opposite Abraham. TE Kyle Rudolph is a possibility or a LT or WR like Torrey Smith.
The best player who makes sense for the Steelers is Aaron Williams. Williams is a better fit for Pittsburgh's defense than Brandon Harris, and he can play free safety in addition to cornerback. So, if he fails at corner, he could always replace Ryan Clark down the road. They may want to reunite the Pouncey brothers but I don’t see him lasting this long. They do need to upgrade the OG and Tackle position
Akeem Ayers is a talented outside linebacker who would play OLB in the Packers 3-4 he also has the ability to play SAM LB 4-3 scheme. A Tackle or WR could also be considered here.
33. New England (CAR) - Justin Houston, DE, Georgia
34. Buffalo - Banjamin Ijalana, OT, Villanova
35. Cincinnati - Andy Dalton, QB, TCU
36. Denver – Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
37. Cleveland - Torrey Smith, WR, Maryland
38. Arizona - Christian Ponder, QB, Florida St.
39. Tennessee - Ryan Mallett, QB, Arkansas
40. Dallas - Christian Ballard, DE, Iowa
41. Washington - Marvin Austin, DT, North Carolina
42. Houston - Stephen Paea, NT, Oregon St.
43. Minnesota - Ras-I Dowling, CB, Virginia
44. Detroit - Curtis Brown, CB, Texas
45. San Francisco - Jarvis Jenkins, DE/DT, Clemson
46. Denver (MIA) - Rahim Moore, S, UCLA
47. St. Louis - Jonathan Baldwin, WR, Pittsburgh
48. Oakland -. Davon House, CB, New Mexico St.
49. Jacksonville - Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
50. San Diego - Marcus Cannon, OT, TCU
51. Tampa Bay - Jabaal Sheard, DE, Pittsburgh
52. New York Giants - Martez Wilson, LB, Illinois
53. Indianapolis - Rodney Hudson, OG, Florida St.
54. Philadelphia - Curtis Marsh, CB, Utah St
55. Kansas City - Leonard Hankerson, WR, Miami
56. New Orleans - Mikel LeShoure, RB, Illinois
57. Seattle - Colin Kaepernick, QB, Nevada
58. Baltimore - Titus Young, WR, Boise St.
59. Atlanta - Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
60. New England -. Greg Little, WR, North Carolina
61. Chicago - Stefen Wisniewski, OC, Penn St
62. San Diego (NYJ) - Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
63. Pittsburgh - Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
64. Green Bay - Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
65. Carolina - Drake Nevis, DT, LSU
66. Cincinnati - Bruce Carter, LB, North Carolina
67. Denver – Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
68. Buffalo - Ricky Stanzi, QB, Iowa
69. Arizona - Jason Pinkston, OG, Pittsburgh
70. Cleveland - DeAndre McDaniels, S, Clemson
71. Dallas - Johnny Patrick, CB, Louisville
72. New Orleans (WASH) - Quan Sturdivant, LB, North Carolina
73. Houston - Chris Carter, LB, Fresno St.
74. New England (MINN) - Dontay Moch, LB, Nevada
75. Detroit - Will Rackley, OG, Lehigh
76. San Francisco - Ricky Elmore, LB, Arizona
77. Tennessee - Clint Boling, OG, Georgia
78. St. Louis - Quinton Carter, S, Oklahoma
79. Miami - Luke Stocker, TE, Tennessee
80. Jacksonville - Jerrell Jernigan, WR, Troy
81. Oakland - Buster Skrine, CB, Chattanooga
82. San Diego - Sam Acho, OLB, Texas
83. New York Giants - Jake Kirkpatrick, C, TCU
84. Tampa Bay - Greg Jones, Michigan St,
85. Philadelphia - Marcus Gilbert, OT, Florida
86. Kansas City - Edmund Gates, WR, Abilene Christian
87. Indianapolis - Tyler Sash, S, Iowa
88. New Orleans - St. James Brewer, OT, Indiana
89. San Diego (SEA) - Kelvin Sheppard, LB, LSU
90. Baltimore - Orlando Franklin, OT, Miami
91. Atlanta - Kendall Hunter, RB, Oklahoma St.
92. New England – Mason Foster, LB, Washington
93. Chicago - Marcus Gilchrist, CB, Clemson
94. New York Jets - Kendric Burney, CB, North Carolina
95. Pittsburgh - Kendric Ellis, NT, Hampton
96. Green Bay - Bruce Miller, LB, Central Florida
97. Carolina (comp) - DJ Williams, TE, Arkansas
98. Carolina - Jurrell Casey, DT, USC
99. Seattle (NE) (DEN) - Shiloh Keo, S, Idaho
100. Buffalo - Pernell McPhee, DE, Mississippi
101. Cincinnati - Lawrence Guy, DE, Arizona
102. Cleveland - Terrell McClain, DT, South Florida
103. Arizona - Jalil Brown, CB, Colorado
104. Philadelphia (WASH) - John Moffit, OG, Wisconsin
105. Houston - Deunta Williams, S, North Carolina
106. Minnesota - James Carpenter, OT, Alabama
107. Detroit - KJ Wright, LB, Mississippi
108. San Francisco - Richard Sherman, S, Stanford
109. Tennessee - Nate Irving, LB, North Carolina St.
110. Dallas - Rashad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech
111. Miami - Nathan Enderle, QB, Idaho
112. St. Louis - Darius Morris, OG, Temple
113. Oakland - Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin
114. Jacksonville - Jaiquawn Jarrett, S, Temple
115. San Francisco (SD) - Shareece Wright, CB, USC
116. Tampa Bay - DeMarco Murray, RB, Oklahoma
117. New York Giants - Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas St.
118. Kansas City - Tandon Doss, WR, Indiana
119. Indianapolis - Mark Herzlich, LB, Boston College
120. Philadelphia - Joe Lefeged, S, Rutgers
121. Jacksonville (NO) - Pat Devlin, QB, Delaware
122. Buffalo (SEA) - Joseph Barksdale, OT, LSU
123. Baltimore – Casey Matthews, LB, Oregon
124. Atlanta - Chimidi Chekwa, CB, Ohio St.
125. New England - Chris Hairston, OT, Clemson
126. New York Jets - Cedric Thornton, DE, Southern Arkansas
127. Chicago - Andrew Jackson, OG, Fresno St.
128. Pittsburgh - Jordan Todman, RB, Connecticut
129. Green Bay - Mario Harvey, LB, Marshall
130. Tennessee (comp) - Kristofer O'Dowd, C, USC
131. Green Bay (comp) - Pierre Allen, DE, Nebraska
132. Carolina - Derek Newton, OG, Arkansas St.
133. Buffalo - Jordan Cameron, TE, USC
134. Cincinnati - Shane Vereen, RB, California
135. Kansas City (TB)(DEN) - Tim Barnes, C, Missouri
136. Arizona - Cliff Matthews, LB, South Carolina
137. Cleveland - Brandon Hogan, CB, West Virginia
138. Houston - Vincent Brown, WR, San Diego St.
139. Minnesota - Greg Romeus, DE, Pittsburgh
140. Kansas City (DET) - Colin McCarthy, LB, Miami
141. San Francisco - Jerrell Powe, NT, Mississippi
142. Tennessee - Chykie Brown, CB, Texas
143. Dallas - Chris Culliver, S, South Carolina
144. Washington - Brandon Fusco, C, Slippery Rock
145. St. Louis - Lawrence Wilson, LB, Connecticut
146. Miami - Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse
147. Jacksonville - Robert Sands, S, West Virginia
148. Oakland - Alex Linnenkohl, C, Oregon State
149. Philadelphia (SD) - Cortez Allen, CB, Citadel
150. Minnesota (NYG) - Sione Fua, DT, Stanford
151. Tampa Bay - Ross Homan, LB, Ohio St.
152. Indianapolis - Greg McElroy, QB, Alabama
153. Philadelphia - Ugo Chinasa, DE, Oklahoma St.
154. Detroit (KC) - Jah Reid, OT, Central Florida
155. Washington (NO) - Terrence Toliver, WR, LSU
156. Seattle - Jacquizz Rodgers, RB, Oregon St.
157. Seattle (BALT) - Jeremy Kerley, WR, TCU
158. Atlanta - Stephen Burton, WR, West Texas A&M
159. New England - Jeremy Beal, LB, Oklahoma
160. Chicago - Martin Parker, DT, Richmond
161. New York Jets - DeMarcus Love, OG, Arkansas
162. Pittsburgh - Austin Pettis, WR, Boise St.
163. Green Bay - Niles Paul, WR, Nebraska
164. Baltimore(Comp) - Roy Helu, RB, Nebraska
165. Baltimore(Comp) - DeMarcus Van Dyke, CB, Miami
166. Carolina - Dwayne Harris, WR/KR, East Carolina
167. Cincinnati - Ahmad Black, S, Florida
168. Cleveland (DEN) - Lee Ziemba, OG, Auburn
169. Buffalo - Cheta Ozougwu, DE/OLB, Rice
170. Cleveland - Jermale Hines, S, Ohio St.
171. Arizona - Chris Rucker, S, Michigan St.
172. Minnesota - Virgil Green, TE, Nevada
173. Seattle (DET) - Kevin Kowalski, C, Toledo
174. San Francisco - Ronald Johnson, WR, USC
175. Tennessee - Jerrard Tarrant, S, Georgia Tech
176. Dallas - Zane Taylor, C, Utah
177. Washington - Bilal Powell, RB, Louisville
178. Houston - Da'Rel Scott, RB, Maryland
179. Miami - Steven Friday, LB, Virginia Tech
180. St. Louis - Jeron Johnson, SS, Boise State
181. Oakland - Jarriel King, OT, South Carolina
182. Jacksonville - Eric Gordon, LB, Michigan St.
183. San Diego - Eric Hagg, S, Nebraska
184. Detroit (PHI)(TB) - Stevan Ridley, RB, LSU
185. New York Giants - Ian Williams, DT, Notre Dame
186. Philadelphia - Greg Salas, WR, Hawaii
187. Tampa Bay (KC) - Ryan Pugh, C, Auburn
188. Indianapolis - Taiwan Jones, RB, Eastern Washington
189. Denver (NE)(NO) - Willie Smith, OT, East Carolina
190. San Francisco (SEA) - Justin Rogers, CB, Richmond
191. Baltimore - Derek Hall, OG, Stanford
192. Atlanta - Chris Conte, S, California
193. New England - Steve Schilling, OG, Michigan
194. New York Jets - Alex Henery, K, Nebraska
195. Chicago - Markus White, DE, Florida State
196. Pittsburgh - Ryan Donahue, P, Iowa
197. Green Bay - Brandon Bair, DE, Oregon
198. New York Giants(Comp) - Scott Lutrus, LB, Connecticut
199. Kansas City(Comp) - T.J. Yates, QB, North Carolina
200. Minnesota(Comp) - David Arkin, G, Missouri State
201. San Diego(Comp) - Kevin Rutland, CB, Missouri
202. New York Giants(Comp) - Will Hill, S Florida
203. Carolina(Comp) - Charles Brown, CB, North Carolina
204 Green Bay (from Carolina)- Weslye Saunders TE South Carolina
205 Detroit-- Brandon Blair DE Oregon
206 Denver-- Da'Rel Scott RB Maryland
207 Buffalo-- Chris White ILB Mississippi
208 Cincinnati-- St Byron Maxwell CB Clemson
209 New York Jets (from Arizona)-- Bryan Rolle OLB Ohio State
210 Seattle (from Cleveland)-- Mitch Mustain QB USC
211 San Francisco (from Detroit)-- Ryan Whalen WR Stanford
212 San Francisco-- Lee Smith TE Marshall
213 Tennessee --Darvin Adams WR Auburn
214 Washington-- Chas Henry P Florida
215 Houston-- Evan Royster RB Penn State
216 Minnesota-- Justin Rogers CB Richmond
217 St. Louis --Andrew Jackson OG Fresno State
218 Miami --Aldrick Robinson WR SMU
219 Miami --(from Jacksonville) Richard Sherman CB Stanford
220 Oakland-- Tyrod Taylor QB Virginia Tech
221 Dallas (from San Diego)-- Nate Williams SS Washington
222 New York Giants-- Markus White DE/OLB Florida State
223 Tampa Bay-- Willie Smith OT East Carolina
224 Kansas City-- Taylor Potts QB Texas Tech
225 Indianapolis-- Korey Lindsey CB Southern Illinois
226 Baltimore (from Philadelphia)-- Jarriel King OT South Carolina
227 New Orleans-- Thomas Keiser OLB Stanford
228 Seattle-- Andrew Phillips OG Stanford
229 Baltimore-- Dom DeCicco SS Pittsburgh
230 Atlanta-- Courtney Smith WR South Alabama
231 Atlanta (from New England)-- John Clay RB Wisconsin
232 Pittsburgh-- Alex Wujciak ILB Maryland
233 Green Bay-- Henry Hyonski FB Pittsburgh
234 San Diego (Compensatory)-- Adrian Moten OLB Maryland
235 Miami (Compensatory)-- D.J. Young OT Michigan State
236 Minnesota (Compensatory)-- Mark LeGree FS Appalachain St
237 Philadelphia (Compensatory)-- Jabara Williams OLB Stephen F. Austin
238 Tampa Bay (Compensatory)-- Mike Person OG Montana State
239 San Francisco (Compensatory)-- Chris Nield NT West Virginia
240 Philadelphia (Compensatory)-- TJ Yates QB North Carolina
241 Oakland (Compensatory)-- DeAndre Brown WR Southern Miss
242 Seattle (Compensatory)-- Anthony Gaitor CB Florida International
243 New Orleans (Compensatory)-- Ollie Ogbu DT Penn State
244 Carolina (Compensatory)-- Eugene Clifford SS Tennessee State
245 Buffalo (Compensatory)-- Jordan White WR Western Michigan
246 Cincinnati (Compensatory)-- Dion Lewis RB Pittsburgh
247 Denver (Compensatory)-- Eddie Jones DE Texas
248 Cleveland (Compensatory)-- Lazarius Levingston DE LSU
249 Arizona (Compensatory)-- Rob McGill OT Louisiana Tech
250 San Francisco (Compensatory)-- Nick Bellore ILB Central Michigan
251 Tennessee (Compensatory)-- Mike McNeill TE Nebraska
252 Dallas (Compensatory)-- Stephen Burton WR West Texas A&M
253 Washington (Compensatory)-- Ryan Winterswyk DE Boise State
254 Houston (Compensatory)-- Alex Henery K Nebraska